Top Tips for Effective Video Conferencing
Video conferencing technology has helped to revolutionize the way we handle business communications. Video conferencing equipment like the Grandstream GVC3200 is important in connecting colleagues and clients from all over the world to meetings where you can see all the participants clearly. When you are using video conferencing technology to hold meetings, you have the advantage of reading facial expressions and non-verbal cues that you would otherwise miss during a phone call.
A video conference meeting is as important as a face-to-face meeting, and there are some etiquettes you should observe to ensure that your video conferencing communications are effective:
- Looks are important: It is important that you look your best when having a video conference meeting. Get rid of any flashy jewelry, gaudy make-up or any that will distract or make you look unserious. The rule of thumb is to be dressed in business casual or corporately. Drink some water before your meeting and ensure that you have a smile on your face with proper posture. This will help you come off and ready, serious and prepared.
- Keep a clean desk: Today’s video conferencing equipment like the Grandstream GVC3200 make use of high-quality cameras that can catch even a pin on your table in high definition. Keep any confidential documents, trash, playthings, and any other distractions away from your table. This includes anything the could cause the camera to make your desk look disorganized.
- Position your camera properly: Ensure that you check the angle of the camera well before the meeting so that you are seated properly and seen. Don’t be too close such that your head fills the frame. Sit in such a way that you are in the middle of the screen with your eyes centered. Ensure that you also look at the camera when speaking and not at the side.
- Make use of quality video conferencing equipment: The Grandstream GVC3200 is a great example of a video conferencing equipment that provides you with high-quality video no matter the size of your meeting room. This video conferencing camera has a 12x optical, pan/tilt/zoom feature that ensures that you get the best image during your meeting. It also features power over ethernet and supports many different video layouts.
- Give others a chance to contribute: It takes some skill to moderate a video conference call effectively. Designate one person as the moderator and ensure that everyone is given the opportunity to express themselves, give information and have the chance to respond when required. Listen to remarks and make sure you address all comments and issues before moving on to another point.
We stock some of the best video conferencing equipment from reputable and reliable brands. Call us today for your video conference needs. We can supply you with the Grandstream GVC3200 video conferencing camera and other equipment to improve your corporate communication needs. Call us today for a free consultation.